The Skinny on Fats
by Dr. David Brownstein, M.D. and Sheryl Shenefelt, C.N.
The Skinny on Fats was written to educate you about the importance of consuming good sources of dietary fats. This book will teach you why we need fats and why we can’t live without them. We will also show you that the reliance on a high-carbohydrate, low-fat diet is the root cause of the obesity and chronic illness epidemic that we are facing. It’s time for new dietary advice. This book will provide you with all the newest information about dietary fats and teach you why fat can actually help you lose those unwanted pounds and be healthy! Brain Health – Heart Disease – Metabolic Disorders – Obesity – And More…
“Brownstein and Shenefelt challenge the dietary misinformation of our age – that cholesterol and animal fats are bad for us – in this well organized and easy to understand book. ‘The Skinny on Fats’ will enlighten and educate, and will help you overcome your fear of good fats like butter, cream, egg yolks and lard. Highly recommended.” ~ Sally Fallon Morell, President, The Weston A. Price Foundation
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Fat Paradigm
- Chapter 2: Facts About Fats
- Chapter 3: Got Fat?
- Chapter 4: Fat: The Good
- Chapter 5: Fat: The Bad and Ugly
- Chapter 6: Cholesterol…Friend or Foe?
- Chapter 7: Low Fat = High Carb
- Chapter 8: Eat Fat… and Get Skinny
- Chapter 9: Your Brain on Fat
- Chapter 10: Fats and Children
- Chapter 11: How to Cook with Fats and How to Store Them
- Chapter 12: Recipes
- Know Your Fats Quick Reference Guide
- Coconut Oil Quick Reference Guide
- 5 Steps to Optimal Health with Good Fats
- Appendix A: Glycemic Index of Carbohydrates
- Appendix B: Other Resources
- About the Authors