Looking for something simple to make to feed your family at breakfast time when they stay over this holiday season? These are simple and delicious (and gluten-free). You can even make them in advance and then just warm up in the morning. Enjoy!
Healthy Breakfast Quiche Cups
- 5 organic (free-range) eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter, ghee, coconut oil, or tallow
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 6 oz fresh organic baby spinach, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese (I use raw milk Gruyere)
- Celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- full-fat sour cream as garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter, ghee, coconut oil, or tallow in pan and sauté pepper and onion until they start to soften. Add spinach and sauté until it wilts and liquid in the bottom of the pan evaporates; set aside to cool. Line a muffin tray with 9 baking cups. Mix beaten eggs, cooled vegetable mixture and shredded cheese. Season with sea salt and pepper. Fill muffin cups evenly and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with a side of sour cream.
Get more recipes in my book The Skinny on Fats and also in my Free REAL Holiday Survival Guide HERE